Level 2 Diploma in Care Answers (RQF), which has previously been known as:
- NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (QCF)
Our Free study guides support you to complete your Diploma.
This training has been designed for people new to the care industry and just starting out in their careers in the care sector. The Diploma is equivalent to 4-5 GCSEs grades A* to C. A lot of the content is also covered in the Care Certificate.
Your award will consist of 9 mandatory units and some optional units – which vary depending on the provider you use to deliver your diploma. There are various providers who offer RQF Level 2, these include the following awarding bodies, City and Guilds and NCFE and more. Each one has slightly different criteria however the training provide you use will ensure your work is in line with their regulations and rules.
You can usually complete the qualification within 12 months as standalone or within 18-24 months if taken as part of an apprenticeship standard. You need to be at least 16 years old to complete the level 2 diploma in care and you must achieve a minimum of 46 credits to gain this qualification. Learners must achieve 24 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 22 credits from the optional units. Optional units include topics such as dementia, learning disabilities, mental health conditions, medication along with around 100 others.
We provide study guides for the following mandatory units in our level 2 diploma in care answers :
- Communication in care settings
- Handle information in care settings
- Personal development in care settings
- Implement person-centred approaches in care settings
- Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Health, safety and well-being in care settings
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Duty care
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings