A GUIDE TO COVID-19 – Coronavirus.
At the time of writing this course, around the world, cases of COVID-19 have reached 120 million and claimed the lives of over 2.6million. You can find out the current statistics of Covid-19 by clicking here
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
Our guide to Covid-19 Coronavirus course covers information about COVID-19 with our information sourced from the NHS, the UK Government and the WHO.
In our course we will cover some of the following:
- What Covid-19 is and what the symptoms are.
- Brief Handwashing guide – you could also try our handwashing and coronavirus course here
- What is and how Social Distancing Works
- Resources and Useful Links
We hope you find this guide to Covid – 19 course helpful.
Our course is set to run at your own pace. You will be studying on your own, when it is convenient for you, using the learning materials in this course. The learning content is organised into lessons and consists of a combination of the following:
- text to read. Superscript numbers refer to references available
- Downloadable resources
- links to websites and downloadable information sheets/booklets that will help you to learn more about the topic being studied. These items are underlined and in italics throughout the course content.
You will find Key Points throughout the content. These are used to help you to consolidate essential facts and practice observations.
There are also Think and reflect boxes where you may be asked to make notes or answer any questions asked. You will not be assessed on what you enter. This is simply to aid your learning and improve your practice. We recommend that you keep a notepad and pen by your side as you work through the course and write your reflections and answers there.
You will also be required to take an assessed quiz after completing each learning unit.